Terms & Conditions
Ripe Social Terms of Service
By using any of the software or web sites ("Service"), which includes all services of GB Ventures, LLC, ("Ripe Social"), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service"). Ripe Social reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: http://www.ripesocial.com/terms Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. While Ripe Social prohibits such conduct and Content on the Service, you understand and agree that Ripe Social cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- 1. You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- 2. You must be a human. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted.
- 3. You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to signup.
- 4. All authorized administrators of a Facebook Fan page will have access to application editing controls.
- 5. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Ripe Social cannot and will not be liable.
- 6. You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account.
- 7. If you are using a free account you are not permitted to block ads or links.
- 8. One person or legal entity may not maintain more than one free account.
- 9. You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose including but not limited to applicable copyright laws.
Customers may (through special agreement only) access their Ripe Social account data via an API (Application Program Interface). Any use of Ripe Social, including use through the API, or use of the API through a third-party product that accesses Ripe Social Applications, is bound by the terms of this agreement plus the following specific terms:
- 1. You expressly understand and agree that Ripe Social shall not be liable for any direct, indirect,incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Ripe Social has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from your use of the API or third-party products that access data via the API.
- 2. Abuse or excessively frequent requests to Ripe Social via the API may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your account's access to the API. Ripe Social, in its sole discretion, will determine abuse or excessive usage of the API. Ripe Social will make a reasonable attempt via email to warn the account owner prior to suspension.
- 3. Ripe Social reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, your access to the API, the service, (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
Payment and Refunds Terms
- 1. A valid credit card is required for all accounts.
- 2. You will be billed annually on or about the day you completed your first payment and account creation.
- 3. The Service is billed in advance on an annual basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months or years of service or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
- 4. All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes when applicable.
Cancellation and Termination
- 1. You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation. You can cancel your account at any time by submitting a cancellation request in a support ticket or by sending an email to support(at)ripesocial.zendesk.com with instructions to cancel your account, and the user name on the account. The time and date of the cancellation email will be what determines your termination date.
- 2. All of your Content might be immediately deleted from the Service upon cancellation. This information cannot be recovered once your account is cancelled.
- 3. If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again. Your applications will remain functional through the end of the current billing period and will not be removed unless you remove them.
- 4. Ripe Social, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other Ripe Social service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. Ripe Social reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- 1. Ripe Social reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- 2. Prices of all Services, including but not limited to annual subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the the Ripe Social Site (ripesocial.com) or on the Service itself.
- 3. Ripe Social shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- 1. Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. We do not control the Facebook platform, the platform could become unstable, slow, or unavailable at any time.
- 2. Technical support is only provided to paying account holders.
- 3. You understand that Ripe Social uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technologies required to run the Service. We do not make service level agreements and do not assume liability for any outages or disruptions to the service.
- 4. You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, Ripe Social, or any other Ripe Social service.
- 1. All content posted on the Service is must comply with U.S. copyright law.
- 2. We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours. However, by setting your pages to be shared publicly, you agree to allow others to view and share your Content.
- 3. Ripe Social does not pre-screen Content, but Ripe Social and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
- 4. The look and feel of the Service is copyright 2011 GB Ventures, LLC. All rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS or visual design elements without express written permission from Ripe Social.
- 5. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by Ripe Social.
- 6. We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party's intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- 7. Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Ripe Social customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- 8. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- 9. You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or "spam" messages.
- 10. You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- 11. If your bandwidth usage exceeds 300 MB/month, or significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by Ripe Social) of other Ripe Social customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account or throttle your file hosting until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- 12. Ripe Social does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- 13. You expressly understand and agree that Ripe Social shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Ripe Social has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- 14. The failure of Ripe Social to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Ripe Social and govern your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and Ripe Social (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- 15. Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to email@example.com.
Notification of Copyright Infringement Claims
GB Ventures, LLC is committed to compliance with U.S. copyright law. Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. © 512), copyright owners have the right to notify GB Ventures, LLC, if they believe that an account user of a Ripe Social application has infringed the copyright owner's work(s). Notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be submitted in writing to Ripe Social's designated agent for receiving such notifications.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: GB Ventures LLC, ATTN: Copyright Issue, P.O. Box 27, Byron Center, MI 49315
To be effective, the notification of claimed infringement must be a written communication and must include the following information:
- 1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- 2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single Notification, a representative list of such works.
- 3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information sufficient to permit Ripe Social to locate the material.
- 4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit Ripe Social to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- 5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- 6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer (such as survey information and/or site registrations). The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- 1. It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Information Gathering and Usage
When you register for Ripe Social we may ask for information such as your name, company name, email address, billing address, credit card information. Members who sign up for the free account are required to enter a credit card. Ripe Social uses collected information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
Ripe Social uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run Ripe Social. Although Ripe Social owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Ripe Social application, you retain all rights to your data.
Ripe Social may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
Ripe Social may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Ripe Social primary account holder account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
GB Ventures LLC
P.O. Box 27
Byron Center, MI 49315 USA